Re: [Tails-dev] "Upgrade from ISO" path from 1.0.1 to 1.1 [W…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] "Upgrade from ISO" path from 1.0.1 to 1.1 [Was: Please start reviewing bugfix/7345-upgrade-from-iso-from-1.0-to-1.1]
intrigeri wrote:
> * Who, among the core developers and those invited to run the manual
> test suite, has extra time to do these tests against 1.0.1+IUK on
> July 2, *in addition to* doing the 1.1~rc1 tests?

I might be able to help on that day.

> * Who, among the core developers and those invited to run the manual
> test suite, has extra time to do these tests against 1.0.1+IUK on
> July 21, *in addition to* doing the 1.1 tests?

That sounds more tricky. I'll have time but little networking by then.
If the IUK is small in size and I don't have to download an new ISO to
test it then this might be possible.

> Else, I think we're back to where this thread was at on June 19, that
> is: either document the steps to install the new Tails Installer, or
> simply state that "Upgrade from ISO" is not supported from 1.0.1 to
> 1.1.

I was worried about people with a persistence volume on their Tails
1.0.1 device but I tried the procedure to do "Clone & Upgrade" from
Tails 1.1 experimental onto Tails 1.0.1 and this works.

So documenting the steps to install the new Tails Installer in the
release notes seems acceptable to me. You anyway need two Tails USB
sticks to do a full upgrade, either to "update from ISO" or "clone &
upgrade".

--
sajolida