[Tails-dev] "Upgrade from ISO" path from 1.0.1 to 1.1 [Was: …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] "Upgrade from ISO" path from 1.0.1 to 1.1 [Was: Please start reviewing bugfix/7345-upgrade-from-iso-from-1.0-to-1.1]
Hi,

it would be good to decide something ASAP on this front, so that we
can crash-test the supported procedure for 1.1~rc1. The input we need
to make this decision is:

* Who, among the core developers and those invited to run the manual
test suite, has extra time to do these tests against 1.0.1+IUK on
July 2, *in addition to* doing the 1.1~rc1 tests?

* Who, among the core developers and those invited to run the manual
test suite, has extra time to do these tests against 1.0.1+IUK on
July 21, *in addition to* doing the 1.1 tests?

If enough people can do that, then the "IUK way" can be an option, and
likely the preferred one.

Else, I think we're back to where this thread was at on June 19, that
is: either document the steps to install the new Tails Installer, or
simply state that "Upgrade from ISO" is not supported from 1.0.1 to
1.1.