Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-greeter UI redesign

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-greeter UI redesign
Hi!

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 23:56:49 +0200
jvoisin <julien.voisin@???> wrote:
> On 06/22/2014 08:37 PM, Alan wrote:
> > I integrated the new greeter UI prototype into a working greeter.
> > Not all options works yet, but anyone interested is welcome to try
> > and give feedback. Here is the iso:
> > http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-5464-revamp-ui/
>
> Impressive!

Thanks.

> Here is my feedback:
>
> - The greeter window is not vertically centerer.

How do you reproduce this? For me it is centered unless I resize the
(virtual) screen, which doesn't trigger a move of the window.
Can you reproduce that without changing the size of the screen? If not,
do you (and others) think that the greeter should take screen size
changes into account?

> - I think that the text in the two "network configuration" buttons
> should be centered.

Please note they are not in the current greeter. What do others think?

> - What about making possible to use the "Esc" key to go back in the
> process?

Yes. I didn't work yet on keyboard navigation but plan to do so if it
looks like we'll adopt this new greeter.

> - The "network configuration" documentation is not really browsable,
> since it's not scrollable. I guess that the window is actually
> super-long, instead of having a restricted size.

For me it is scrollable. Please provide a screenshot on not scrollable
documentation.

> - The "mac spoofing" screen doesn't make clear that the button is a
> toggle-able one, and not the upper part of some exclusives ones. This
> is likely related to the first point.

I suggest using a switch (similar to window camouflage) for this one.

> - "Widows camouflage" ;)

Please clarify.

> - In "administrator password", the cursor is not automatically put in
> the first field.

OK.

> Except those points, it's really nice, congratulations!

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers