Re: [Tails-dev] Ship environment to build Tails wiki in Tail…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, flapflap
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Ship environment to build Tails wiki in Tails
Hi flapflap,

[No need to Cc me, I read the list.]

flapflap wrote (13 Jun 2014 17:21:45 GMT) :
> Is it possible to provide the additional packages for building and
> translating the Tails wiki (ikiwiki, poedit,...) in Tails?

My understanding is that these tools are primarily needed in
a situation when you have persistence enabled anyway (SSH keys, Git
clone, etc.), so the "Additional software package" feature
(https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/configure/) can be
used to install this all, no?

I'm happy to support this usecase better, but OTOH it may not be worth
the hassle of including these packages (bigger ISO, more security
issues, more bugs, etc.), as long as there's a good enough alternative.

> There it says that the issue was solved, but I did not find any updates
> for said packages. (nor does removing libyaml-libyaml-perl solve the
> problem)

Can you please make sure you've installed all dependencies documented
on https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/website/ ? I'm pretty sure
that most members of the French translation team have been doing their
job in Tails forever, and I've not heard of this problem.