[Tails-dev] Ship environment to build Tails wiki in Tails

Author: flapflap
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Ship environment to build Tails wiki in Tails
Hi,

Is it possible to provide the additional packages for building and
translating the Tails wiki (ikiwiki, poedit,...) in Tails?

I set up a persistent volume in Tails on a USB disk, cloned the repo and
installed ikiwiki and related packages. Unfortunately, I was not able to
build the Tails wiki, because of an error in YAML::XS
(libyaml-libyaml-perl) which is also described in

http://ikiwiki.info/bugs/yaml_setup_file_does_not_support_UTF-8_if_XS_is_installed/

There it says that the issue was solved, but I did not find any updates
for said packages. (nor does removing libyaml-libyaml-perl solve the
problem)

I'd like to build the wiki in Tails, because then I would not need to
synchronize my VMs and had the development/translation environment for
Tails with me.

Furthermore, what about also including ikiwiki/git-gui/... in Tails by
default (once above issue is resolved)?
Maybe that could make it easier for people to do translations of the
wiki, because they do not need another VM/system with the tools
installed to actually do the translation.

Nonetheless, keep up the good work and thank you!

Cheers,
~flapflap