Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do
Hi,

Alan wrote (11 Jun 2014 22:24:26 GMT) :
> I'm sorry but most of this polishing job consists of doing unsupported
> things... so failed to find a cleaner way and doubt it exists yet for
> most issues that were identified.

Fully understood. I can feel your pain :/

> I think the palm of the worse tweak is for notification-daemon. Its
> systray icon uses a vaguely related themed icon with this comment:

[...]
> Pidgin taking its systray icons explicitly from the hicolor icon theme
> (instead of the current theme) is quite interesting too:

I guess that most such problems will affect us again and again, each
time we have to upgrade the camouflage mode. So, I would find if very
sound, if not done yet, to report bugs upstream about it.

I'm assuming that a quick look at their latest code should be enough
to make a rough guess about whether these bugs are still applicable.
No need to go as far as reproducing bugs on sid or whatnot for such
trivial matters.

(I'm aware than notification-daemon has not exactly been very active
upstream lately, but the MATE folks are apparently taking over more
and more modules obsoleted by the Shell, dropping some of their own
forks, and the cool thing is that they're doing in the GNOME
repositories, so maybe notification-daemon will get fresh energy,
some day.)

> I could also blame the gpgApplet which doesn't use themable icons, but
> that's us...

... even when we are upstream :)