Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do
Hi,

> Looks good (well, looks ugly, but apparently it's the way it shall
> be :)

I'm sorry but most of this polishing job consists of doing unsupported
things... so failed to find a cleaner way and doubt it exists yet for
most issues that were identified.

I think the palm of the worse tweak is for notification-daemon. Its
systray icon uses a vaguely related themed icon with this comment:

    /* FIXME: use a more appropriate icon here */
        icon = g_themed_icon_new ("mail-message-new");

So I had to change theme's mail-message-new icon to the windows
notification flag, which will be displayed by any application requesting
the mail-message-new icon.

Pidgin taking its systray icons explicitly from the hicolor icon theme
(instead of the current theme) is quite interesting too:

    icon_path = g_build_filename(DATADIR, "icons", "hicolor",
    icon_sizes[i].dir, "apps", icon_sizes[i].filename, NULL)

I could also blame the gpgApplet which doesn't use themable icons, but
that's us...

Cheers