Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge again feature/6342-u…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge again feature/6342-update-camouflage-for-gnome3
10/06/14 22:01, intrigeri wrote:
> Alan wrote (10 Jun 2014 11:47:56 GMT) :
>> I belive the blockers are now fixed.
>
> Congrats!
>
> The following comes from testing an ISO built from commit 6b4e7908.
> I've *not* looked at the code. anonym, if you don't think you can look
> at the code within 24h, please tell me, and I'll do, so that Alan has
> time to fix stuff if needed.

I'm gonna jump on it right now.

> Regarding #7382 ("Customized icon are way too small in the
> applications menu"), I'm a bit surprised it's not a blocker.

It's getting less clear for me what we mean with "blocker". If it means
that we wouldn't ship this feature in Tails 1.1 unless it's fixed (which
has been my interpretation so far) then I'm not sure I agree that it
should be a blocker.

I'm OK with the *initial* version of this feature (e.g. what we ship in
Tails 1.1), when activated, introducing regressions as long as they only
cause small inconvenience, like this one. So, I'd say this is not a
blocker, even if it'd be great if it could be fixed in time for Tails 1.1.

>> - bugfix/7325-task-list-icons
>
> The icon assigned to Claws Mail icon is much smaller than one assigned
> to Pidgin, which is itself a bit smaller than the one assigned to the
> web browser. Is it the same on Windows?

I think you're actually observing another bug that I just filed:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7393

Note that since pidgin initially opens two windows, the main window and
then the account window, the main windows always gets its icon at full size.

My initial impression is that this is a blocker, since it deviates from
how it'd look on Windows 8. But I'm unsure, since the visual impact
still is pretty small.

Thoughts on this?

> At first glance, the icon assigned to the Pidgin discussion window
> seems too familiar to me to have been adapted for Windows, but I've
> not bothered comparing.

Alant, have you looked if it is possible to change that window's icon as
well?

Cheers!