Re: [Tails-dev] OnionPY ver 0.2 is Out - This is our contrib…

Author: intrigeri
To: Liste, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] OnionPY ver 0.2 is Out - This is our contribution to TAILS (Anonymous mail provider)
Hi,

[Liste, if you read the list and don't need to be Cc'd, please tell
us. I read the list, no need to Cc me.]

Liste wrote (10 Jun 2014 15:26:24 GMT) :
> There is a new project named OnionMail.info:
> This is a mail server using the tor network and strong cryptography to
> protect the server
> against theft/sequestration.
> (Onionmail is connected to Internet via Exit/Enter node and optionaly
> use email addresses without ugly 16 charachers onion address).
> http://onionmail.info/paper.html

This certainly looks interesting. Is there a threat model
described somewhere?

> Now the script can downloaded at:
> http://onionmail.info/onionpy.html

Is this page available in English?

> http://onionmail.info/network/onionpy-full.tar.gz
> Could be included onion.py in TAILS ?

No promise, as I hadn't time to look at OnionMail / onionpy yet, but:
the preferred way to include new software in Tails is to first get it
into Debian. Have you thought about doing this yet?