Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/torbrowser-24.6…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/torbrowser-24.6.0esr-0+tails1
Hi,

anonym wrote (08 Jun 2014 18:17:59 GMT) :
> Ticket:    None, but I can open one if it helps.

Yes, please (in general, for anything I'm likely to do, a ticket does
help a lot).

> This branch and APT suite upgrades the web browser to
> 24.6.0esr-0+tails1, and the browser profile is synced with TBB's. Please
> merge into devel and testing.

I've had a look (to the extent that one can "review" this without
re-doing all the work, which I won't do), and did not spot anything
obviously wrong, *but* the missing .mozconfig and corresponding change
to .gitignore.

Looking at `git log --stat .gitignore .mozconfig', and the Git history
just before 8f2d3a8f that introduced it, should help understanding why
it's nicer to have it around.

I noticed that's my fault, since I failed to add all the needed
documentation back when I revamped a bit how we handle mozconfig's.

In short, if you had been importing a released Iceweasel, I think it
should be fine, as the "Bring our changes back:" part, in "If Debian's
iceweasel was not pushed to Git yet", is supposed to re-introduce
these changes after it was removed by the new upstream release import.
*But* these bits are only in the "4. New Iceweasel release" doc, while
"3. New Firefox release" has nothing to bring back our changes to
.gitignore, and thus the .mozconfig's are lost.

This probably explains why things are the way they are, and
apparently, that's been the case in the last release or two, too.

I've reintroduced the .gitignore change in (6ab1d59,
iceweasel:tails/master), for no particular reason but testing my
tentative doc fix (b8bfc14, tails:master).

I'll give the .deb's a try, and merge if happy... probably tomorrow.

May I assume that this passes at least our unsafe browser and torified
browsing automated tests?