Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan
To: tails-dev
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do
Hi,

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:45:56 +0200
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
> anonym wrote (03 Jun 2014 13:27:40 GMT) :
> > [...]
> > Let's skip this for now. See the ticket.
>
> If we skip this for 1.1, then this ticket should not be a subtask of
> #6342, which itself is a blocker for 1.1. If the plan is to fix it
> "soon, but not for 1.1", then I suggest creating a "Windows
> 8 camouflage, phase 2" parent ticket, with #7316 as a subtask, and
> possibly others for things that really should be taken care of, but
> can't be done in time for 1.1 due to time constraints.

I created a ticket for postponded issues: #7377
Improve windows 8 camouflage

> An ITP bug was filed, and Ulrike is working on this, so some concerns
> of mine regarding this package are now void: as far as 1.1 is
> concerned, we probably can ship whatever crappy package you want.

Good news.

> >> I think the lack of icon at startup is worse than the duplication
> >> of in icon added to the worse UX. But that should be discussed.
>
> > Let's discuss! Here's my argument:
>
> > While the Launcher bar is shown by default in Windows 8, it is
> > optional. However, the same application always "groups" extra
> > instances into a single icon, so the same icon never appears more
> > than once. So, I wonder why my proposal makes it worse. I can get
> > why it's worse convenience-wise, but stealth (which includes
> > avoiding impossible stuff like 2+ of the same icons in the panel)
> > always trumps it in camouflage mode.

I'm not sure having 2 of the same icon is more suspect than an empty
bar at startup, but that's only a jugement... so I'm ready to remove
the launchers if it looks better for most of you.

> I tend to agree from a theoretical PoV, but... what branch should
> I build and look at, to get a clearer idea on this topic?

feature/6342-update-camouflage-for-gnome3

Cheers