Re: [Freepto] Meeting minutes 2014-06-03

Author: boyska
To: freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Meeting minutes 2014-06-03
On 04/06/2014 00:51, paskao wrote:
> === Make build easy ===
>
> We will create a "mainframe" infrastructure: one (or more) SSH servers
> that can build freepto. We will ask for some rack servers to local
> hacklab, otherwise some laptops will do the job.
>
> We will provide a complete local debian mirror

OK, the local hacklab agreed on borrowing those servers. They are a 1U
with TWO servers inside; each server has 16GB RAM, two sata2 disks,
can't remember cpu model, two ethernet ports.

If we want, they can give us another 1U (so two computers), identical,
but without disks. We'll try to prepare it at best, so I'll stole
configurations from freepto-vagrant. Any suggestions on making it
performant is of course accepted.

I am thinking of this setup for each server:
* A part of the disk is RAID1, to avoid failures. This will host the system.
* Another part of the disk is RAID0, to be faster. This will be used as
swap, and maybe as apt-cacher-ng storage.
* /var/build is tmpfs, and build will happen there
* apt-cacher-ng configured
* buildscripts are "sudo-runnable" by users belonging to "freeptodev"
group, so we can make everyone build without need to be root
* nginx will serve builds so that you can download and test them

On a separate box (offered by xm24) we can host complete debian mirror
(or other things, of course). This is to avoid depending on external
bandwidth.

Appreciated things:
* switches, especially gigabit
* SATA hard drives

intrigeri, if you want to join us, have suggestions, or want to
accomodate the environment as to build tails or make other
experiments... speak up!

--
boyska
gpg --recv-keys 0x58289ca9