[Freepto] Meeting minutes 2014-06-03

Author: paskao
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: [Freepto] Meeting minutes 2014-06-03
= Meeting minutes =

== Issue reporting and test requests ==

* We want to make "random access" easier, thus we should improve the
issue descriptions, especially making it easier to reproduce the bug and
understand the desired behaviour
* When someone closes a bug, he should do a RFT that is explicative on
how to test if it is really fixed
* When there is a bug that belongs to a "side project" (such as
freepto-usb-utils) it should be reported on the side project, but
referenced in freepto-lb

== Merging ==

History should stay clean, so huge merge commits should be avoided. It
seems that the procedure is not clear enough, but it's not clear how to
fix this knowledge gap.

== Hackmeeting Talk ==

Developer-oriented!

Ideas:
* explain how to build/contribute
* show improvements since last hackmeeting
* show bug that we want to close DURING hackmeeting and give bounties
to them

== Freeptobuilder ==

=== Make build easy ===

We will create a "mainframe" infrastructure: one (or more) SSH servers
that can build freepto. We will ask for some rack servers to local
hacklab, otherwise some laptops will do the job.

We will provide a complete local debian mirror

=== Git, issues, etc ===

We want to have a local git daemon such that:
* everyone can clone quickly (readonly)
* selected devs have access to their "private" repository + the
official one
* whoever can have an account to keep his/her private repo
* who doesn't want to mess with git can upload things on a shared scp
directory

== Backbone409 ==

We'll be at backbone. We do not have decided what exactly we want to
share, propose or ask. However, we are interested in:
* describe freepto project
* sharing our 'workshop style' as something that works for our experience
* participate at "User control" roundtable
http://backbone409.calafou.org/content/roundtables/index.en.html#index4h1

== Berenjena roadmap - Freepto 1.0 ==

We haven't determinated deadlines. In the immediate future we will work
on issues description and reorganization for the Hackmeeting. Then we
can define what is missing and possible deadlines.