[Tails-dev] Icedove (Thunderbird) as our RSS reader? [Was: P…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Alte Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset
Neue Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] Icedove (Thunderbird) as our RSS reader?
Betreff: [Tails-dev] Icedove (Thunderbird) as our RSS reader? [Was: Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset]
Hi,

after the recent episodes, the complications brought by Jessie's
Liferea in terms of security and persistence support, I'm more and
more convinced that we should bet on Icedove (Thunderbird) as our RSS
reader. One more reason to speed up the migration out of Claws
Mail, perhaps.

I've asked upstream, and 1. they don't plan to drop RSS support; 2.
someone is working on making them usable; 3. they probably wouldn't
mind patches.