Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-lifere…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan
To: tails-dev
Neue Treads: [Tails-dev] Icedove (Thunderbird) as our RSS reader? [Was: Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset]
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/5711-liferea-persistence-preset
Hi,

> * Liferea has an internal browser, with JavaScript enabled.
> Not checked if that's the same in Tails 1.0. This browser has a URL
> bar, and can be used to browser random web pages. I consider this as
> a serious bug: Tails should not allow people to so easily browse the
> web with a much less protected browser, without being aware of the
> possible problems it may cause. If that's a regression since 1.0,
> then that's a clear blocker for merging this branch. Else, it's
> "only" a Priority>>normal bug we've been carrying.

After a quick investigation, it looks like this issue is a blocker. I
don't think it's possible to fix without patching liferea, which I
don't volunteer to do even if we agree it's worth.

So I don't think we will be able to merge that for 1.1.

Cheers