[Tails-dev] window-picker-applet packaging [was: Please revi…

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] window-picker-applet packaging [was: Please review and merge feature/6342-update-camouflage-for-gnome3]
Hi,

On Tue, 27 May 2014 20:33:43 +0000 u <u@???> wrote:
> intrigeri:
> > Alan wrote (27 May 2014 17:36:04 GMT) :
>
> >> - gnome-panel-applet-window-picker (@git.tails.boum.org).
> > Also, it seems there's no reason why
> > gnome-panel-applet-window-picker should be Tails-specific, so I'd
> > like to hear about the plans to upload it to Debian, and maintain
> > it there (creating a delta with neither good reasons, nor a plan to
> > resolve it, is not how we've been doing things historically, and I
> > assume everyone here knows why we don't want to do that).
>
> I'd be glad to work on it.

That would be awesome!

> Would just need a little more information

We need a package for https://github.com/lanoxx/window-picker-applet,
which was reviewed at commit ebcc436c1e

There is an old packaging at:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=window-picker-applet

The current ugly but working packaging is at:
http://git.tails.boum.org/gnome-panel-applet-window-picker/
(but it's probably esayer to start properly from scratch - see
intrigeri's email 85ha494s9m.fsf@??? on tails-dev Wed, 28 May 2014
21:28:37 +0200)

Do you need other informations?

> and also... some time :)

Deadline is june 9. Do you think it works for you?

Cheers