Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?
28/05/14 00:50, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (27 May 2014 22:34:53 GMT) :
>> In case I'll be RM for 1.1 (again :)),
>
> Yes, please :)
>
>> it'd work for
>> me since I'll start travelling to the summit on July 4. I wouldn't
>> necessarily enjoy it, though, because I think I'd like a couple of days
>> off right before the summit. Still, it'd be better than "wasting" summit
>> time on the 1.1 release work.
>
> Even freezing + RC a few days earlier would be fine, I think.
> It still leaves us a month to get our stuff together.

An even earlier freeze wouldn't work very well with me as RM -- the only
non-Tails plans I have so far for the summer happen during June 19-27,
which already complicates things. With the freeze on July 1 I'm left
with June 28-30 = 3 days of efficient near-freeze RM:ing. So, actually,
this is already quite problematic.

intrigeri, would it be possible to split the 1.1 RM work, at least for
the period when I have other plans? I won't be completely absent ~2 days
during 23-27 June, but I think it's clear that three days right before
the freeze won't be enough, so without some sharing I think this plan
won't work.

For the record, I hadn't planned my summer with me RM:ing for a July 22
*major* release in mind. As far as I know, the original plan was that
you were going to handle the July 22 release (right?). Of course, with
"my" 1.1 release being delayed to that time it only makes sense that I
should take care of it, but it comes with the above mentioned complications.

Cheers!