Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] feature/torbrowser-24.5.0es…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] feature/torbrowser-24.5.0esr-1+tails1
27/05/14 09:08, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (26 May 2014 18:14:27 GMT) :
>> I pinged the ticket and now Mike Perry seems to want to revert those
>> prefs [1] although the follow-ups makes it look like it's not decided yet.
>
> ... so it seems unclear what we should do for RC1.
>
> My take on it: let's just keep the current state we have in devel (JS
> optimizations disabled), so they get exposures to testing in RC1, and
> we save some time for other tasks. Then, we can relay any feedback we
> get to Tor folks, which may help them make a sensible decision.

Agreed.

> Worst case, we can still drop these prefs changes in 1.1 final, which
> will basically bring us back to what we shipped in 1.0, and should not
> carry too much risk for regressions, right?

TBH dropping that particular patch is the least of my worries among the
Torbrowser patches. It'd only change our default values of a couple of
pref:s, and actually it'd change them back to what Mozilla considers the
default. I expect a higher probability of regressions if we *keep* the
patch. The impact on security is another question, of course...

Cheers!