Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] feature/torbrowser-24.5.0es…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge] feature/torbrowser-24.5.0esr-1+tails1
anonym wrote (26 May 2014 18:14:27 GMT) :
> I pinged the ticket and now Mike Perry seems to want to revert those
> prefs [1] although the follow-ups makes it look like it's not decided yet.

... so it seems unclear what we should do for RC1.

My take on it: let's just keep the current state we have in devel (JS
optimizations disabled), so they get exposures to testing in RC1, and
we save some time for other tasks. Then, we can relay any feedback we
get to Tor folks, which may help them make a sensible decision.

Worst case, we can still drop these prefs changes in 1.1 final, which
will basically bring us back to what we shipped in 1.0, and should not
carry too much risk for regressions, right?