[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] doc/7280-VirtualBox-vs-sysl…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] doc/7280-VirtualBox-vs-syslinux-6 [Was: UEFI vs. VirtualBox]
Hi,

> I've filed #7173 about it, and am asking the Debian maintainer to
> update syslinux in experimental. IMO, this is not be a blocker to
> merge feature/uefi in time for 1.1, as VirtualBox 4.3 is available in
> wheezy-backports, and I doubt anyone else than Debian users install
> the oldish versions of VirtualBox provided by their distro.

I was not able to get a fix ready for 1.1 (details on #7280 and
Debian#747419), so this will have to wait until we get syslinux
6.03-pre5 (#7173).

So, as far as 1.1 is concerned, I've documented this known issue, and
the known workarounds, in doc/7280-VirtualBox-vs-syslinux-6.

Please review'n'merge for 1.1. Assigned to anonym.