Re: [Tails-dev] HTTP Mirror

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, spencer
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTTP Mirror
Spencer Neitzke:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just finished setting up my new Tails mirror, which you can find
> here: 23.239.26.97.

Thanks a lot for offering to host a Tails mirror; as Tails is getting
more and more popular, we definitely need more mirrors.

I tested your setup and I think there is a problem somewhere. I tried to
fetch http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/stable/ on your server and got a
404 error.

Here is the command I used:

curl --verbose --connect-timeout 30 --header 'Host: dl.amnesia.boum.org'
http://23.239.26.97/tails/stable/

> It will need to be accessed from "dl.amnesia.boum.org"
> as it is a virtual host. I do have one question, how long should I have the
> cron be waiting between rsyncs?

The cron has to be scheduled every hour + 15 minutes. That's in cron format:

But anyway, unfortunately, recently we hit a bug in the Tor resolver
that prevents us from adding more than about 25 servers in our DNS pool.

See https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11741.

So we can't add your mirror to the DNS pool at the moment. We will
contact you back once we can make a real use of your service.

--
sajolida