Re: [Tails-dev] Manually Install Using Mac (without rEFInd)

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Manually Install Using Mac (without rEFInd)
intrigeri:
> sajolida@??? wrote (14 May 2014 12:08:07 GMT) :
>> In that case, I'm tempted to move the instructions for manual
>> installation on Mac (/doc/first_steps/installation/manual/mac/) in the
>> "Advanced topics" section.
>
> Note that these instructions are still required to bootstrap the
> installation process from a Mac, when one has no DVD burner handy.

According to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro#Technical_specifications,
MacBook have DVD burner since late 2006. So I guess the same holds for
other Mac computers.

That's why I think it's ok to consider this as a corner case and allow
us to move those pretty hardcore instructions to "Advanced topics".

Now tracked by: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7263

Now tracked by: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7262

--
sajolida