[Tails-dev] Donate button live! [was: Re: Note [was: Re: Tai…

Author: sajolida
To: esperal esperal, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Donate button live! [was: Re: Note [was: Re: Tails contributors meeting: Thursday May 8]]
esperal esperal:
> Ok thanks. Check it hastebin.com/kimuxisito.xml for demo and details
> (the demo may display some ads from net76 hosting provider since i've
> got a free account. Please ignore them as I can't control them,
> sorry)

Cool, thanks!

I took over your work and made it live:

http://tails.boum.org/

A few comments:

- I'm not 100% convinced by the "now" of "Donate now". I'd like to
listen to more opinion on that. On the other hand, in English at least,
it makes it easier to balance the button visually.

- I used the same icon as the one we had on the Contribute page. I think
I prefer the hand of the one you used but we decided for the other one
on the Contribute page not to have a dollar sign, that's a bit US
centric. If you chose the dollar one because the hand looks better, then
we might create a hybrid one with the cool hand and the stack of coins.

- I made it a direct link to the crowd-funding campaign by the Freedom
of the Press Foundation. Since we don't accept donations in fiat
currencies ourselves so far.

- You can check the implementation details on our Gitweb:

http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/log/

I factorized a bit more CSS, but feel free to tell me if I'm making
stuff worse :)