Re: [Tails-dev] Secure android headset integration

Author: intrigeri
To: Chamelephon
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Secure android headset integration
Hi,

Chamelephon wrote (06 May 2014 13:52:33 GMT) :
> We are releasing soon our version 1 retail product and the idea
> occured to me have it shipped by default with a separate tails
> installation on the internal storage or an external sd-card. I did my
> testing and it works nicely, so a user can boot into it by just connecting
> the phone via USB cable and selecting it from the boot options.

Do you mean booting Tails on the phone itself, or using the phone as
a USB mass storage device for booting Tails on another computer?

> I am writing in the mailing list just because i couldn't find contacts for
> a led maintainer here.

There is not such thing as a lead Tails maintainer, and this is the
right place to talk to us :)

> My idea is to ask the customers whether they would
> like tails installed on their device by default and pay an extra fee to
> cover SD card costs and donate the rest straight to you guys.

Good news, we will soon accept donations in fiat currencies (while we
currently only accept Bitcoin).

> The other thing that hit me in the face is to have a PXE boot app written
> for android that lets the users boot from the nework or tethering network
> and boot tails from there without burning dvds or using usb storage.

I don't know PXE much, and am unsure if the way it handles network
connections can be secured in a way that satisfies Tails design goals
and threat models. But if you research this any further, I would
personally be curious to read about your results :)