Re: [Tails-dev] Mentioning Debian on the homepage of our web…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Mentioning Debian on the homepage of our website
sajolida@??? wrote (14 Apr 2014 20:07:29 GMT) :
> I only found that contrib plugin:
> http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/contrib/sidebar2/

Indeed.

The templates have room for plugins to add stuff to the footer.
This is used e.g. by the mirrorlist plugin. So, writing a simple
plugin that would basically replicate the sidebar one but instead fill
the footer would be trivial, bug ugly and a pain to maintain, so
I don't want to do that, and Joey would never merge it.

The ticket for a more generic approach is:
http://ikiwiki.info/todo/beef_up_sidebar_to_allow_for_multiple_sidebars/
... where the sidebar2 plugin is not mentioned.

I guess it would not be so much work to take into accounts comments on
this ticket, adapt/extend sidebar2 accordingly, and have the whole
thing merged. Anything at ease with Perl and willing to do that? I can
review things before you'll send your pull requests upstream.