[Tails-dev] Tails logo

Author: John COSTA RICA
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails logo
Hello world !

It seems I am too late, so may be for a future version of Tails, who knows ?

So, eventually, a solution has probably been found, not perfect as
with the previous Brush Script font used, but not too bad at all; this
time the used font is EptKazoo, and released under the SIL OPEN FONT
LICENSE :

"The OFL allows the licensed fonts to be used, studied, modified and
redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The
fonts, including any derivative works,
can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software
provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works."

http://upfile.mobi/443478

The advantage of this font is that letters are rather elongated, so
the T looks like two perpendicular ...tails, the i and the l also have
the shape of a tail,
so in short that's a story of ... tails :D

So that's perfect (and from what I understand Brush Script is also an
Open Font).

You will find in the file :
one folder with 27 potential logos
one folder with 60 potential logo & name
one folder with a dozen of potential banners, only a few were made due
to lack of time, but if ever you decide for a specific model, then I
could rework on it. The dimension of the banner is as indicated in the
contest (985x150 pixels). Since the "raw" material is also included,
you, or someone else, could also work on it if ever there is an
"emergency" ?

The best way to view those .png (with a transparent background) is
with a viewer like the free and open source XnView, then it will look
like this :

http://pixs.ru/showimage/XnViewKitt_9680664_11672251.jpg

Only one problem remains that SVG stuff, I can not handle or find a
converter or something like that, although the use of .png or .jpg
should not be a problem in your site. So that would be great if
someone could handle that problem.

Well that is all I can do for the moment, hoping you will like the new
designs as I do :D

Cheers ;)

John