[Tails-dev] Tails Logo

Author: esperal esperal
To: tails-dev@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails Logo
Currently the logo is a JPG file. The machine I'm on right now doesn't have the software to save it as .svg file. But I will be able to save it as svg on my other one even tomorrow.

Font used: Roboto Condensed Light

It is a free font. This font is also a Google webfont so it can be used on Tails website. It has 18 styles, good for headings and body text. It will work great on print media as well. This font is also mentioned on the Debian Fonts Review, although the Light version is not there... I suspect that this website is not updated.

About the logo: I wanted to create something simple, easy to read. No shadows, gradients used. In my opinion simplicity works. I did use the cat as it is used on the website header image. The cats tail is evoking the Debian swirl. The logo can go with an without the 'The amnes ... .incognito system'. I prefer the logo with it.

Colors: Black and white will work everywhere. The colors can be inverted. I can create more color variations, for example something like this: http://pull1.thelogosmith.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Img-2011-07-13-at-16.34.23-470x660.jpg

I've also included some additional materials..

Link to the logo and additional stuff: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/121865988@N03/

Regards,

Esperal.