Re: [Tails-dev] Potential privacy issue here

Author: intrigeri
To: Jimmy Neutron, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Potential privacy issue here
Hi,

(Please make it explicit if you don't read the list, and need us to go
on Cc'ing you :)

Jimmy Neutron wrote (12 Apr 2014 00:25:36 GMT) :
> I'm nerved that Tails reconfigured the Tor browser bundle to redirect to
> boum.org (Tails website) at every startup or identity change. What's the
> purpose? Usage statistics? News? (There is not often important news..)

The only purpose is to make sure users know about important news from
the Tails project.

We've discussed this topic quickly at the last contributors meeting.
See https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7023 for details, especially
the last comment.