[Tails-dev] Potential privacy issue here

Author: Anonymous
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Potential privacy issue here

I'm nerved that Tails reconfigured the Tor browser bundle to redirect to
boum.org (Tails website) at every startup or identity change. What's the
purpose? Usage statistics? News? (There is not often important news..)

Why can't it be empty by default or just the Torproject page, making it
hard to differentiate between a normal Tor Browser Bundle user and a
Tails user. I already saw tails.boum.org in referrer fields on my weblog.

Now every Tails start or identity change , a Tor exit node must connect
to this server, creating the possibility of passive browser
fingerprinting (browserspy.dk like , screen dimensions are the most
important)

Besides a blank Startpage, slightly random window dimensions would be a
great feature to INCREASE privacy

I love to see this great project get even better but without my computer
potentially passing screen-dimensions to the Tails webserver 30 times on
a regular day.