Re: [Tails-l10n] getting .po files

Author: harmony
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] getting .po files
u:
> Hi again.
>
> (reading too fast)
>
>>> can't do that, because git keeps failing on checkout (one or more file
>>> names in the 'forum' section are too long for my filesystem).
>>
>> Also, please describe your exact problem for cloning the repository,
>> what is the error message?
>
> so what kind of file system is that? why not run Tails using a
> persistent partition to do your translations?

Good thinking! This is why I don't do computer programming. I will do as
you suggest.

I did some searching and it seems to be to do with Ubuntu home folder
encryption. I've had the same problem with over-long filenames when
torrenting, too.

Sorry for pestering you in two different channels. I will make sure to
follow the proper workflow when I'm ready to get started.

Thanks!