Re: [Tails-l10n] getting .po files

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] getting .po files
Hello,

> Hi,
>
> I asked about this on IRC but I think it was the wrong time of day. Is
> there any way of getting translatable .po files for the Tails site
> without downloading a copy of the whole repo and building locally? I
> can't do that, because git keeps failing on checkout (one or more file
> names in the 'forum' section are too long for my filesystem).
>
> This is annoying. Can anyone help?

You should check out the whole repository (please refer to the
documentation you have been pointed to on IRC earlier today).

Also, you need to have your own Git repository where you can push your
modifications so we can keep track of the files via this distributed
architecture.

If ever this is too complicated, please download file per file on the
main repo. BUT BEFORE you should get in touch with other translators on
this mailing list, telling us which language you want to translate into
and on which files you intend to work, so we are not doing work twice.
Then translate and ask somebody on the list to commit your files to
his/her repository so others may review the translation. Only then
translations will be pushed to the master branch.

If you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Also, please describe your exact problem for cloning the repository,
what is the error message?

cheers
u.