Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for gpgapplet

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for gpgapplet
u:
> hey flapflap
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review branch gpgapplet-xlat
>>
>> [gpgapplet-xlat b8cd3f9] (de) wiki translation for
>> encryption_and_privacy/gpgapplet continued
>> [gpgapplet-xlat 056fb41] (de) applied poedit-changed *.po file headers
>> [gpgapplet-xlat bcfea79] (de) wiki translation for
>> encryption_and_privacy/gpgapplet
>>
>> in flapflap/tailsxlat.git
>
> thank you for this huge piece of work!
> I reviewed it but did not make a patch. here are my comments though:

Thanks for the review!

> in
> tailsxlat/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/doc/tails/website/doc/encryption_and_privacy/gpgapplet/passphrase_encryption.de.html
>
> Applications ▸ Accessories
> ==> Anwendungen ▸ Zubehör

fixed in commit 0a02bd0
(passphrase_encryption.de.po, public-key_cryptography.de.po)

> The link for Clipboard/wikipedia should point to german wikipedia
> "Zwischenablage" instead of "Clipboard (computing)"
> ==> [[!wikipedia_de Zwischenablage desc=\"Zwischenablage\"]]

fixed in commit d6872be
(decrypt_verify.de.po, passphrase_encryption.de.po,
public-key_cryptography.de.po)

> *Just sounds better than "bekommen" imho:*
> Wenn Sie die Fehlermeldung “Die Zwischenablage beinhaltet keine gültigen
> Eingabedaten.” bekommen,
> ==> Sollten Sie die Fehlermeldung “Die Zwischenablage beinhaltet keine
> gültigen Eingabedaten.” sehen,
>
> *I find the following sentence a little bit hard to read, although it is
> correct:*
> Analog können Sie mit dem Tails OpenPGP Applet einen mit einer
> Passphrase verschlüsselten Text entschlüsseln.
> ==> Ebenso können Sie mit dem Tails OpenPGP Applet einen mit einer
> Passphrase verschlüsselten Text entschlüsseln.

both fixed in commit 37170cf
(passphrase_encryption.de.po, public-key_cryptography.de.po)

> in
> tailsxlat/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/doc/tails/website/doc/encryption_and_privacy/gpgapplet/decrypt_verify.de.html
>
> Ist die Passphrase zu einem Schlüssel bereits zwischengespeichert,
> erscheint ein Dialog mit der Nachricht: The passphrase is cached in
> memory. Klicken Sie auf Authorize um die zwischengespeicherte Passphrase
> zu verwenden.
> ==> (here i would suggest to verify if the 2 english sentences are
> translated in the GPG-Applet at some point.)

I leave this as it is (for now).

I think, the dialog has been removed from gpgapplet?
When using Tails 0.23 under the English or German UI, that message did
not appear.
I'll ask in a separate email and maybe remove it from the English
version and all corresponding translations.

separate merge request email coming...

~flapflap