Re: [Tails-l10n] DE translation review request download.de.p…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] DE translation review request download.de.po
Hi,

Nivatius:
> Hello everyone,
> so I used github and translated more of the download.de.po file, which I
> plan to complete soon here it is
> https://github.com/Nivatius/tailstransWebDE/blob/master/wiki/src/download.de.po
>
> all the best,
> N.

I think you make some things more difficult than necessary ;)

You manually added only the wiki directory into your repository, without
the previous history. So it looks like you cloned the official Tails
repo, then deleted everything except the wiki directory, added this to a
new repo, and pushed these two commits to github.
This makes things very complicated as nobody can track where exactly
your changes are (e.g. the reviewers can't compare your changes to the
official baseline version/master branch).

Instead you should do it as u has outlined [0]. This approach is better,
because it preserves the history of the repo and we other people can see
where your changes diverge from the official version, do the review, and
merge your changes+review into the official repo.

[0] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/2014-April/001026.html

~flapflap