Re: [Tails-l10n] translation guidelines?

Author: BitingBird
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] translation guidelines?
Nivatius:
> Are there guidlines on how to tranlste the wiki?
> I only found https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/documentation/guidelines/
>
> one of my quetions is for example, there are a lot of links to the
> english ubuntu homepage, should those be replaced by a other link in the
> desired language? if so, what link should be it be?

If the page is translated into german, put the german link into the
german translation. If not, leave the english link (you might specify
[en] next to the link, for readers that won't follow english links). If
you find equivalent german links for those that are not translated, use
those (you might want to discuss it on the list, to see if other
translators agree with your choices).

> how should certain words be translated? is there a place to make the
> consensus visable?

There is a ticket open to document glossaries
(https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6968). For the german ones,
Frithjof answered https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6968#note-6

> all the best,

Same to you :)