Re: [Tails-dev] NMG(R) Tails Logo Contest Proposal

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: anon404@notfoundclub.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] NMG(R) Tails Logo Contest Proposal
anon404@???:
> Tails Devs,
>
> Here is some additional information:
>
> notfoundclub.org/tails/tails-concept1-solo_nmgr.png
>
> notfoundclub.org/tails/tails-concept-1_nmgr.png
>
> notfoundclub.org/tails/tails-concept-1boot_nmgr.png

I think it would be better for your logo to work on a white background
as well, to be easier to use in many different context. Maybe you can
use a border around the USB stick silhouette and remove the gray background?

> Font: http://www.fontspace.com/rob-leuschke/aaircchat

Thanks for clarifying this.

> I am using an old graphics program and am having some technical
> diffculty exporting to SVG. A plug-in was downloaded from the web, but
> it did not work. Will send as soon as possible.

To be able to export your work in SVG easily, you can use Inkscape which
is a program to do vector graphics. It's included in Tails:

> SVG notice was not in
> the original email so did not prep for this.

This was the second line in our requirements, after licensing terms:

https://tails.boum.org/news/logo_contest/

Could also please choose one of those three licenses for your work?
Those are the strongest one to be qualified as free culture, and be
compatible with both the GPL and the Debian Free Software Guidelines:

- GPL
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
- CCO (Public Domain)
https://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/

--