[Tails-dev] Upgrading the Linux kernel for 1.0?

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Upgrading the Linux kernel for 1.0?
Hi,

(stealing the RM hat for a short while, by initiating this discussion.
anonym, I'll let you take care of bringing this to a conclusion.)

if we don't do anything special, then we'll release Tails 1.0 with the
same kernel (3.12) as 0.23. Given 1.0 will be a point-release, this
looks like the lower-risk path.

OTOH, Debian testing has had 3.13 for a week, and might even be
upgraded to 3.14 by the Tails 1.0 freeze. I have not checked, but
these Linux updates most likely include security fixes.

So, I'm unsure what we should do.

Does anyone (anonym?) want to have a look at the security-related
changes in 3.13, so that we have some more data in hand to make
a decision?