Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo proposal

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, lenieco
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails logo proposal
Leonardo Nc:

>> Are you sure "sans" is a unique identifier for a font? I thought it
>> generally meant "the default 'sans-serif' font on the system", but I'm
>> no expert in this field.
>>

> I'm not sure. I just picked the sans font type from inkscape. According to
> wikipedia[1], "sans" is the same "sans-serif" so I think it is as you say
> "the default 'sans-serif' font on the system".

I've seen that in other programs in Debian as well. They usually mean
"Sans" for "DejaVu Sans" or "Bitstream Vera Sans" which is basically the
same:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DejaVu_fonts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitstream_Vera

I added your proposal on the blueprint where we gather all the proposals
we received so far:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/logo/#index6h1

So Leonardo, I'm proud to tell you that you are the first proposal which
clearly matches all our requirements, and on top of that you submitted
the complementary materials. Congrats!

--
sajolida