Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build failure: linux-kbuild-3.12 not i…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails build failure: linux-kbuild-3.12 not installable?
Hi,

> I did a *fresh* git clone of the tails git repository. What should
> I do instead? Is there a correct way to build tails?

You'll want to build from the devel branch, most likely, and ignore
master unless you're working on the website:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/git/#index1h3

> I did much the same as what I did last week and tails built then.

The Debian archive has changed since then. Sorry, there's nothing we
can do about it until we have set up the infrastructure I mentionned
in my previous email.

> I followed the instructions on the tails
> web site.

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/ reads:

$ git checkout devel

Cheers!