Re: [Tails-dev] Please review blueprint for FAQ

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review blueprint for FAQ
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (03 Mar 2014 21:56:00 GMT) :
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/faq/

Awesome work, congrats!

I've pushed a few minor rephrasing and typo fixes (96d6899, 5a2ee0a).

Regarding "We are working on a 64-bit version of Tails see ticket
#5456.", given feature/amd64-kernel was merged for 0.23, perhaps this
should be rephrased. Same for the section about MAC spoofing, and for
the "The New Identity feature of the web browser is not available
anymore (ticket ticket #6383)" note.

Regarding "the user-agent property of the browser is set to
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3)
Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3, as of Tails 0.21 and TBB 2.3.25-13":
I guess we won't maintain this information up-to-date, so perhaps
directly say "was set"?

Regarding "Why is the time set wrong?", perhaps point to the ticket
for TailsClock?

Regarding "Does Tails collect information about its users?":
incremental upgrades are now enabled by default, which is another
instance of "calling home". The version of Tails being used is also
sent in the requested URL (as well as the architecture, but currently
this does not matter since everybody is i386). For details, see:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/incremental_upgrades/#index7h3
Also, the regular security check is nowadays only used for unresolved
security issues, and not for announcing new versions anymore.

I see many links to tickets in this document. I think a step should be
added to the release process (near the end, where the RM must mark the
"Fix committed" tickets as resolved) to update this page accordingly.