Re: [Freepto] Initial comments

Author: intrigeri
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Initial comments
Hi,

vinc3nt wrote (27 Feb 2014 00:16:06 GMT) :
> there is now an initial draft:
> https://wiki.freepto.mx/en/Design

\o/

Going to read this one of these days :)

>> 25. Does anything prevent live-* to use a cleartext swap partition
>>     found on an internal hard drive?

> Is this a realistic scenario? I never experienced with _automatic_ swap
> mount from an internal HD.

live-boot will do that if its swapon option is enabled. It is
currently disabled by default. However, it was once enabled by default
upstream all of a sudden (by mistake) in some versions of live-boot,
so I would not rely purely on the fact this setting's default value
won't randomly change for the worse.

> Is there any hack in Tails to prevent it?

Yes.
See "3.6.8 Host system swap" on https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/.

>> 29. I'm part of the people who are currently bootstrapping two Debian
>>     teams that might interest you:

>>       https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor
>>       https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OTR

> Cool!
> I would be very happy to help, even if only for triage.

Woohoo! Don't hesitate joining the relevant mailing-list to start
with :)