Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tail…

Author: intrigeri
To: anonym
CC: The Tails public development discussion list, Mike Perry, Mark Smith, Kathleen Brade
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Launcher as a standalone XUL app in Tails
anonym wrote (19 Feb 2014 19:14:40 GMT) :
> The primary profile can be used offline too. For instance, if a link in
> some GNOME notification is clicked, Iceweasel using the primary profile
> will be opened. We'd some how need to make Tor Launcher *not* run when
> the browser is opened while offline (start with `TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH`?). But
> then, if the browser was opened while offline and we then connect to a
> network (and we are in bridge mode), then the NM hook will want to start
> the already running browser with the "envvar that will show Tor
> Launcher's network settings and then exit the browser". How can all this
> be achieved without creating a complete mess?

OK. From the top of my head, two vaguely related notes:

* We'll want to run Tor Launcher *only* when the user has ticked
a checkbox in the Greeter, right? Or do we run it in all cases?

* Note that we don't run the browser by default on network connection.
See the wrapper in /usr/local/bin/iceweasel.