Re: [Tails-dev] Adding BitMessage and Bitcoin-QT to Tails

Author: s7r
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Adding BitMessage and Bitcoin-QT to Tails
On 2/15/2014 12:25 AM, intrigeri wrote:
> winterfairy@??? wrote (14 Feb 2014 15:05:56 GMT) :
>> Electrum sounds interesting, if we want a Bitcoin client in
>> Tails.
>
> At least, anyone who has been doing some Tails user support knows
> for sure there is some demand and use cases.
>
> Electrum is not part of Debian stable, but it is in Debian
> testing/sid. It would be good to know if it can be backported to
> Wheezy.
>
> Vasudev, would you be interested in having a look? (No, I'm *not*
> writing this with my AM hat ;)
>
> Cheers,

That is great so we have found a wayout for this. blockchain.info free
web services are very very good but there are some requirements when a
tails user would need own client.

What about BitMessage? It's quite important and useful also. I am
subscribed and discussing with development team to add the last
required features. Latest changes were a 20MB message limit to prevent
overkill or abuse and bandwidth limits so BitMessage can run in
background without eating entire connection.

The source code is available at github, you think it's worth it adding
to tails? If there is any work I can volunteer to do it for this
purpose but the mark for my linux skills is below 0.
- --
s7r@???
PGP Public key: http://www.sky-ip.org/s7r@sky-ip.org.asc