Re: [Tails-l10n] Plural form for tr.po from tails.pot

Author: Volkan Gezer
To: sajolida
CC: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Plural form for tr.po from tails.pot
​i again,​

> Volkan Gezer:
> > I am not sure if we can change language-specific parameters on transifex.
>
> Do you mean that the plural form is a setting defined by Transifex and
> that cannot be edited by the user? Actually, now I see that all the PO
> files we receive from Transifex have the same plural form defined.
>
> > Maybe we can ask for them, but the correct usage is the first one I
> guess.
>
> Well, the official Gettext documentation think (n != 1) is the right
> one. See:
>

> https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/gettext/manual/html_node/Plural-forms.html
>
> > Another possibility can be uploading the source file to transifex so that
> > it does not override the settings there.
>
> Maybe if the only issue is that Gettext and Transifex disagree on what
> is the right plural form for a small set of languages, we can just
> ignore this kind of error as well while doing our validation and be done
> with it.

​I see, but it seems this is a global problem which is worse. Maybe the
best is to contact GNU to change the plural form globally. This is bad.
However, this is just a mathematical expression which does not cause a
problem in strings I guess (at least in Turkish as we dont have 2 apples
for example, it is still 2 apple. Only plural items without having a number
are plural in Turkish), so better to ask someone who is more experienced
with translations.​