[mat-dev] (Not) uploading 0.5 to Debian... and now?

Author: intrigeri
To: mat-dev
Subject: [mat-dev] (Not) uploading 0.5 to Debian... and now?
Hi,

I've tried to package MAT 0.5 for Debian, and have found many issues
that make it look like beta-quality software at best:

  * #6609 makes the GUI basically unusable for me
  * #6615 (workaround'd by a Debian patch) and #6616 show lack of
    basic testing before tagging the release
  * #6618 results in poor user experience
  * #6619 may result in partially translated UI, while translations do
    exist somewhere (I admit I've not checked)

#6609 is really blocking, and I don't think that this release
is suitable for Debian. IMHO it should have been called 0.5~beta1
or something.

Are there any plans for a 0.5.1 brown paper bag release?