Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.8

Author: Kevin C. Krinke
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails Clock 0.8

On 2014-01-09 12:34 PM, sajolida@??? wrote:
> I've been testing Tails Clock 0.8 which is the latest version
> available (from December 17) on Kevin's website. It installs fine
> in Tails 0.22.

Groovy!

> The only remaining glitch for me is still the localization which
> differs from the one given by GNOME Clock. Things are slightly
> different with roman scripts but if I log in Arabic, things looks
> quite different. See screenshot in attachment.
>
> Can you have a look at the original applet to see how the localized
> the whole string?

Interesting. Seems that the way the formatting is done is different
than the standard libraries for localization. I'll look at the sources
of the GNOME Clock and try to replicate the behavioral differences.

> It would be awesome to have your clock shipped in the next major
> release, that will be Tails 0.23. The freeze should be at the very
> beginning of February. Do you think we can have the final details
> sorted out by then?

I'd love to make that happen. Not sure what my dev schedule will be
like in the next week or two but I'll try to cram in whatever I can
and get this polished off!

- --
Kevin C. Krinke <kevin@???>
GnuPG - 851662D2 - 0x18C67F61851662D2