Re: [Tails-dev] Fw: Block websites from reading or modifying…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fw: Block websites from reading or modifying Clipboardcontents in Firefox
tails-support@??? wrote (10 Jan 2014 07:29:49 GMT) :
> Forwarding this from tails-support@???

>> - Clipboard data might be leaking
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10593
>>
>> "Some preliminary testing in #10285 comment 1 showed that websites
>> might listen at least to the paste event and obtain user sensitive
>> data this way. A quick workaround is setting
>>
>> "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled" to "false"."

I'm very much tempted to let the TBB folks research the implications
of changing this setting. I am not really in a mood to create tickets
in our own tracker for every potential Torbutton / Tor Browser issue.
I've subscribed to the ticket on Tor's Trac.

So, IMHO, case closed for now as far as we're concerned, and let's
just wait for the fix to flow in from upstream when it's tested
and ready.