Re: [Tails-l10n] [de](review) update and complete about.de.p…

Author: Frithjof
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [de](review) update and complete about.de.po
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM, <sajolida@???> wrote:
> Frithjof:
>> Please review
>
> I was not sure whether you were asking for a review from the rest of the
> team or for a merge from us. I probably went too fast, but I was so
> happy to see new stuff translated that I pushed the thing live already:

I tried to follow the practice of having a '[de]' and '(review)' or '(merge)' in
the Subject as in the French translations, and as explained by intrigeri
in another thread.

I guess Jens can still produce an after-the-fact review patch with corrections.

> By the way, I saw that you were translating the title of resources
> written in English. I'm not sure I would do that myself, and I wonder if
> you agreed on a common practice within your team. I see that the French
> team is doing that as well.
>
> For example:
>
> "[Tor verstehen und benutzen — Eine Einführung für
> Laien](https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorALaymansGuide)
> (auf Englisch)"
>
> Another interesting approach is to look for documents in German that
> cover similar topics. You probably won't always find translation of
> those pages but maybe something else. Then the best would be to link
> both the German equivalent, and the original in English. What do you think?

I again mostly followed the French team.

There is hope of having translations of the Tor homepage again
(see Luna's blog post yesterday) The links to www.torproject.org/about/*
can hopefully point to a German version soon (see Luna's blog post yesterday).

I will see if there are some German resources to add.
If good stuff already exists, then we should link to it.

Cheers.