Re: [Tails-l10n] [de](review) update and complete about.de.p…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [de](review) update and complete about.de.po
Frithjof:
> Please review

I was not sure whether you were asking for a review from the rest of the
team or for a merge from us. I probably went too fast, but I was so
happy to see new stuff translated that I pushed the thing live already:

https://tails.boum.org/about/index.de.html

> e5d0adf8a95d -- [de] Update and complete translation of the About page.
>
> in frithjof/tails master.

By the way, I saw that you were translating the title of resources
written in English. I'm not sure I would do that myself, and I wonder if
you agreed on a common practice within your team. I see that the French
team is doing that as well.

For example:

"[Tor verstehen und benutzen — Eine Einführung für
Laien](https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorALaymansGuide)
(auf Englisch)"

Another interesting approach is to look for documents in German that
cover similar topics. You probably won't always find translation of
those pages but maybe something else. Then the best would be to link
both the German equivalent, and the original in English. What do you think?