Re: [Tails-dev] Please comment on icon selection for Contrib…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, carmie
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please comment on icon selection for Contribute section
sajolida@??? wrote (07 Jan 2014 18:16:18 GMT) :
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/contribute/

Thanks for doing this!

> I ordered them by order of preference, the first one being, the main
> candidate. So if you prefer a different one than the first one, please
> give us our opinion, and if you prefer something different, please give
> us pointers. Note that they are not integrated in the page so far, it's
> just a wild dump.

Only commenting when the first one is not my preferred one:

* Donate: I find the first one unclear, it took me a (short) while to
understand what the picture was representing. I have no strong
preferences between the 3 other ones.

* Designer: all the proposed icons seem good for "Design graphics",
and probably for "Improve the website" too. However, I'm not sure
HCI experts would jump at this section, given such a logo.
Perhaps the last one (with the computer screen) would be the best to
take this into account. Sorry, I have no idea what could be better.