Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot

Author: Nathan of Guardian
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot
On 01/07/2014 12:47 PM, intrigeri wrote:

> (Sorry for the newbie question.) Any idea what proportion of mobile
> devices (e.g. tablets) have a x86 emulation mode that allows one to
> start e.g. Tails without porting it to ARM first? Isis told me she had
> seen Tails boot on such hardware at least once, thanks to
> this feature.

I personally know of no mainstream mobile phones or tablets that support
this feature. Even if it worked, I would imagine the performance and
usability to be pretty terrible.

I think our best bet will be to start with Ubuntu Touch or Firefox OS,
and strip it back to something you all are comfortable with putting the
Tails name on.

Ubuntu Touch: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

Firefox OS:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Building_and_installing_Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_overview